Arlandson Returning to Kona...
Wednesday, 30 July 2014 13:36
IRONMAN LAKE PLACID - MTN congratulates the man who is arguably our state's "ironest" amateur Ironman, Dan Arlandson. (He's won four 140.6 races in his career.)
At Lake Placid last weekend he placed 4th overall among amateurs and earned his 5th career Kona slot. Posted times are untrustworthy do to the cancellation of one of the swim loops that affected most AGers, but not Dan. His posted time is 8:52:58, but his actual time is 9:25:14.
Fun Size Snickers & Pink Ninjas...
Wednesday, 30 July 2014 00:10
By Mike McConkey
WALKER TRI RACE REPORT - Most of us love to go fast but realize if we speed excessively you will be chased down by one of the many law enforcement officials that patrol our roads to keep us safe.....
An Awesome Event...
Tuesday, 29 July 2014 02:10
CHISAGO LAKES HALF IX - Mild weather and deep, fit fields fueled a barrage of personal bests and even a few divisional course records on Sunday at scenic Paradise Park in Chisago City. Here are some stats that support this observation:
1. David Thompson (P - MN) - 4:03:11 - 6th Chisago win - 18th career Half IM victory.
2. Tom Gerlach (P - WI) - 4:04:08
3. Tim Hola (CO) - 4:04:27 - Amateur Course Record - Old Mark - 4:05:48 - Jon Balabuck - 2006.
4. Sean Cooley (ND) - 4:09:05 - Personal Best - Old PR - 4:14:36 - Kansas 70.3 in 2013.
5. Eric Engel (MN) - 4:11:28 - Personal Best - Old PR - 4:16:55 - Liberty '14.
6. Alex Hooke (MN) - 4:21:19
7. Paul Rockwood (WI) - 4:23:34 - Personal Best - Old PR - 4:29:55 - Duluth Tri '14.
8. Jake Cooley (ND - photo L) - 4:23:44 - Personal Best - Old PR - 4:34:29 - Superiorman '12....
Her Best Race Yet? Maybe...
Tuesday, 29 July 2014 00:10
CHISAGO LAKES SPRINT - In her blog Heather Lendway stated that her course record performance at Life Time Tri - Minneapolis was her best Olympic-distance effort ever.
What was her best sprint race ever?
It HAD to have been her dominating performance at Chisago Sprint on Sunday. There she led out of the water and was second into T2 behind pro male Dan Hedgecock, who would go on to record his 27th career win. And though Hedgecock broke Devon Palmer's men's course record, he could only managed to finish 3:25 ahead of Lendway, who was never overtaken by male triathletes during the final phase, a 5K run....
Sign up! Get updates from MTN