A Very Cool Story...
Thursday, 20 October 2011 03:00
ED. While scouring the Internets in search of photos and info on Minnesota Male Most Improved nominee, Marcus Stromberg, we stumbled upon this totally cool story. Did you know that Marcus is a hero?
By Derek Martin (Sports Editor, Crookston Daily News)
CROOKSTON, MN - July 27, 2011 - Marcus Stromberg is a 1995 graduate of Crookston High School and the son of Ken Stromberg, manager of the Crookston Community Pool. He currently lives in Buffalo, Minn. with his wife and two daughters. For more information on the Crookston Community Pool, contact Ken Stromberg at 281-1180. Also, see the Crookston Times
MSU Tri Stuff....
Wednesday, 19 October 2011 03:00
By Chris Crocker
Race Coverage - The 2nd Annual Mankato State University Fall Indoor/Outdoor Tri is in the books! Todd Landgraff (photo below R) absolutely dominated the men
Most Improved Girls...
Tuesday, 18 October 2011 03:30
(Photo - A very interesting and extravagantly pink photo of Suzie. The shot was apparently taken by the driver. DO NOT TRY THIS YOURSELF!)
Minnesota Multisport Awards - The official nominees for Female Most Improved are:
* MICHELLE ANDRES, 34, East Gull Lake
- A shoo-in to earn her first berth on Team Minnesota, the mother of five won seven of her 13 career victories in 2011. Her win at Gear West Du was particularly impressive, almost earning her a Performance of the Year nomination to go with her MI and TOY nods. (Photo below with her basketball team.)
* CLAIRE BOOTSMA, 24, Minneapolis
- Claire's first full summer of multisport racing consisted of 12 races, seven wins, five course records and four other podium finishes. The only time she placed out of the overall Top 3 was at ...
Most Improved Guys...
Tuesday, 18 October 2011 03:10
(Photo - 2011 Minnesota Male Most Improved nominee, Sean Cooley.)
Minnesota Multisport Awards - And the official nominees for Male Most Improved * are:
* JOSH BLANKENHEIM, 31, Duluth
- Josh won two races--Lake Marion Olympic and Lakes Country--this season and cracked the overall Top five at at four of our state's most competitive events: 4th @ Minneman and Brewhouse, 5th at Heart of the Lakes and Turtleman Duathlon. He held his own against the best guys in the region and should land a spot on Team Minnesota.
* SEAN COOLEY, 26, Grand Forks, ND
- The amiable med student came to our attention in 2010, when he raced five times in Minnesota, reaching the podium twice and never finishing lower than 6th. This year he entered eight Minnesota..
Monday, 17 October 2011 03:00
Going "Off Course" - Fun-loving Minneapolis triathlete / coach / mom of kids who thinks she's crazy / former journalist Diane Birkeland has nice arms.
She should have. She spends several hours every week "whaling on her guns."
She's particularly proud of her left gun, particularly the biceptual area on which she enjoys crushing European beer cans....
Sign up! Get updates from MTN