Tuesday, 06 May 2014 06:10
Several days ago, Uncle Randy (Fulton) sent us a copy of his Oakdale Duathlon entry list. After a glance, we got excited. Registrations were coming in a brisk pace and it looks like the event may eventually field between 400 and 500 entrants.
Though most elite athletes are not early enrollees, we were impressed with the depth of the field thus far, and assume that, by race day, Oakdale will be more competitive than ever.
The race will celebrate its 13th anniversary on May 10, though some may claim that it is actually a 25-30-year-old event, one that started in Mahtomedi (we think?) in the 80s. Uncle Randy would probably agree...
that his race is a descendent of the earlier one, which was produced by his longtime friends.
Here are some (in alpha order) of the athletes who will be competing at Lake Elmo Park Reserve on May 10:
- Sarah Berger, 27 - 7th here in 2013, 9th in 2012.
- Jennifer Fitzharris-Funk, 38 - 3rd at Fall Classic Du (Oakdale course) in 2013 and 2012.
- Nicole Heininger, 28 - Placed 2nd at Cinco Du Mayo Long Course Du in 2013.
- Joe Johnson, 33 - 2014 - Ist at Falls Duathlon and 2nd at Cinco. In 2013: 2nd at Fall Classic, 4th at Falls Du, 5th at Oakdale
- Tracie Kent, 40 - 3rd here in 2013; 4th in 2009 and 2007; 2nd in 2005
- Andrea Myers, 38 - 5th here in 2013 and 2012. (photo L)
- Scott Myers, 38 - Former overall Top 5 finisher at Duathlon Nationals. (photo L)
- Jesse Nelson, 37 - 5th here in 2009, 6th in 2011, 2010.
- Luke Nelson, 40 - 1st at Du at the Dam in 2012; 10th here in 2013.
- Lydia Novotny, 30 - 4th here in 2013 and 2012; 2nd in 2011.
- Jenn Scudiero, 31 - 2013 US Duathlete of the Year. 1st here in 2013.
- Kyle Serreyn, 23 - 2nd here in 2012, 5th in 2011.
- Lisa Wacek, 43 - 6th here in 2013; 7th in 2011.
- Jenny Wilcox, 39 - 1st here in 2010; 2nd in 2008.
ALSO: Other elite athletes who we know are seriously considering racing at Oakdale: David Thompson, Matthew Payne, Suzie Fox, Diane Hankee, Brian Sames, Bennett Isabella.
Sign up! Get updates from MTN