CY Breaks Three...
Thursday, 31 July 2014 00:10
5th Annual WASECA TRIATHLONS - Cathy Yndestad became the first woman in the five-year history of the Waseca 1/3 (1 mile - 34 miles - 8.8 miles) to break the three hour mark. Nicole Heininger (3:02:25 in 2013) and Diane Hankee (3:04:29 in 2012) came kinda close in the past, but CY dipped under the magic mark with almost four minutes to spare. Her time was 2:56:16, placing her 4th overall and only 4:38 behind men's winner, Travis Miller of Nisswa.
The win was the 69th of Cathy's stellar multisport career, which includes four US Athlete of the Year nominations (she won the award in 2009), two AG nationals titles and podium finishes and nine MMAs.
Filling out the women's Top 3 in the 1/3 were Sarah Berger (3:20:06) and Hilary Patzer (3:20:40).
Travis Miller finished 1:40 in front of runner-up Ryan Deyounge and 3 :38 ahead of Luke Nelson....
Arlandson Returning to Kona...
Wednesday, 30 July 2014 13:36
IRONMAN LAKE PLACID - MTN congratulates the man who is arguably our state's "ironest" amateur Ironman, Dan Arlandson. (He's won four 140.6 races in his career.)
At Lake Placid last weekend he placed 4th overall among amateurs and earned his 5th career Kona slot. Posted times are untrustworthy do to the cancellation of one of the swim loops that affected most AGers, but not Dan. His posted time is 8:52:58, but his actual time is 9:25:14.
Fun Size Snickers & Pink Ninjas...
Wednesday, 30 July 2014 00:10
By Mike McConkey
WALKER TRI RACE REPORT - Most of us love to go fast but realize if we speed excessively you will be chased down by one of the many law enforcement officials that patrol our roads to keep us safe.....
An Awesome Event...
Tuesday, 29 July 2014 02:10
CHISAGO LAKES HALF IX - Mild weather and deep, fit fields fueled a barrage of personal bests and even a few divisional course records on Sunday at scenic Paradise Park in Chisago City. Here are some stats that support this observation:
1. David Thompson (P - MN) - 4:03:11 - 6th Chisago win - 18th career Half IM victory.
2. Tom Gerlach (P - WI) - 4:04:08
3. Tim Hola (CO) - 4:04:27 - Amateur Course Record - Old Mark - 4:05:48 - Jon Balabuck - 2006.
4. Sean Cooley (ND) - 4:09:05 - Personal Best - Old PR - 4:14:36 - Kansas 70.3 in 2013.
5. Eric Engel (MN) - 4:11:28 - Personal Best - Old PR - 4:16:55 - Liberty '14.
6. Alex Hooke (MN) - 4:21:19
7. Paul Rockwood (WI) - 4:23:34 - Personal Best - Old PR - 4:29:55 - Duluth Tri '14.
8. Jake Cooley (ND - photo L) - 4:23:44 - Personal Best - Old PR - 4:34:29 - Superiorman '12....
Sign up! Get updates from MTN