Bouncing Back From Sucky Workouts...
Sunday, 24 November 2013 00:10
What To Do When Your Workout Doesn’t Work Out
By Marni Sumbal (ustatriathlon.org)
One of the best parts about sharing an active lifestyle with someone else is seeing each other grow in a sport (or with fitness). We all have great workouts now and then, but they are not always shared with others.
The other day, my husband Karel had an off day on the bike. We did a swim and bike workout and although he had an amazing workout in the pool, he just had no power in legs on the bike. Rather than try to push...
Minnesota's Female Rockstars...
Friday, 22 November 2013 02:00
Team Minnesota - Women - Here is some of the rationale determining the 2013 women's Team:
1. RUTH BRENNAN MORREY - In 2013 Ruther established herself at America's premier female duathlete and one of our nation's best 70.3 racers. Her 4:15 at Augusta 70.3 and her podium at the Zofingen Long Distance Duathlon World Championship were highlights unprecedented in Minnesota multisport history....
Thursday, 21 November 2013 00:10
(Photo - L - R - The ultra-studly trio of Brendon O'Flanagan, Bob Powers and 2013 POY winner, Matthew Payne.)
2013 Performance of the Year - Men - Why did Matthew Payne's 2nd place amateur finish at New Orleans 70.3 beat out two course record performances by Kevin O'Connor and his own (Matt's) runner-up effort at the Best of the US Championships, wherein he turned in the third fastest Olympic time by a US amateur this year, for the POY trophy?
Here's a couple of reasons:
- His time--4:05:52--is probably a state amateur record. We've scoured our results archives, dating back to the early 90s, when bikes were slower and coaching and material resources were primitive by today's...
Determining Team Minnesota: The Guys...
Tuesday, 19 November 2013 06:10
TEAM MINNESOTA - MEN - Here is a cursory explanation of how the 2013 men's Team was determined:
1. DAVID THOMPSON - With seven wins and only one loss to a fellow Minnesotan (Hedgecock at Pigman Sprint), DKT was, once again, the clear choice for the #1 Spot....
Race of the Year & Female POY.....
Monday, 18 November 2013 06:10
Triathletes Choice Race of the Year - The way this award is determined is as follows: Only events receiving 40-or-more votes are eligible for Top 5 placement. For those races, we divide the number of voters by the number of finishers to determine its percentage of voting participants. Typically a winning race receives support from 13-16% of its participants. Approximately 1100 * votes were distributed among forty-three races, six of which received 40-or-more votes.
From one-to-five, here's how this year's top races fared:
1. SUPERIORMAN - 56 votes/285 finishers = 19.6%
2. TRINONA - 76 votes / 705 finishers = 10.7%
3. BREWHOUSE - 41 votes / 377 finishers = 10.6%
4. YWCA WOMEN'S TRIATHLON - 96 votes / 949 finishers = 10.1%
5. MAPLE GROVE TRIATHLON - 51 votes / 1303 finishers = 4% ....
Sign up! Get updates from MTN