Josh, Sean, Wade & Matt...
Tuesday, 11 October 2016 05:10
MINNESOTA MULTISPORT AWARDS - Here are the official nominees for 2016 Male TRIATHLETE OF THE YEAR:
- JOSH BLANKENHEIM (36, Duluth) - 3rd MMA Nomination - 1st TOY
COMMENT: Fast times in victorious performances at Toughman Sprint and Brewhouse Olympic were the highlights of his seven-race 2016 resume. He also podiumed at Timberman, Lake Waconia and in his AG at Omaha Nationals....
2016 Most Improved: The Men...
Sunday, 09 October 2016 05:10
MINNESOTA MULTISPORT AWARD - Last Friday we revealed the women who were nominated for this year's Most Improved award. Today, we introduce the men nominated in this category.
Here they are (in alpha order):
- WADE CRUSER, 29, Sauk Rapids - Photo L (2nd MMA Nomination - 2015 Ranking: Unranked)
- 1st @ Cinco Du Mayo Long Course
- 1st @ Oakdale Duathlon (Receiving POY consideration) ...
Love For "The Red Line"...
Saturday, 08 October 2016 23:10
By Brad Mitchell (obsessivetripulsive.weebly.com - 7/28/16)
Super-coach Kris Swarthout (https://finalk.com) wrote this great article in a recent Midwest Events issue. He kindly allowed me to post it here. It reinforces how I feel about short course and some of the reasons that I love the sprint and olympic distances.....
Sprint for success
I can't tell you how many times I have heard triathletes say “oh, it’s just a sprint”. The background of this statement is the assumption that the race is so short that it A. Does not need to be trained for, B. Doesn’t really count, or C. Is somehow less of an accomplishment than another event.
I would like to start by getting one thing straight, just because you complete an event that is longer, does not mean you are a better triathlete than someone who completes a shorter event. For...
Pot Luck & Ironman Louisville...
Friday, 07 October 2016 05:10
TRI NIGHT '16 - On Thursday, MTN was copied on this email from Kortney Haag, which was her response to Kevin and Tammy O'Connor and their crew at Gear West Bike & Triathlon providing munchies and drinkie-poos free of charge at Tri Night:
..... I thought it would be fun to do a potluck at Gear West since Kevin is so generously hosting the event and he wouldn’t have to worry about food. Here is the link to sign up to bring something. Doobie, I bet you make a mean quesadilla! See you all soon!
- The MTN Guys thank Kortney, who is so awesome, for doing this. We also plan to participate in the Potluck deal by providing Trudles' famous (in our neighborhood) Multi-Bean Salsa, which looks just like the stuff in the photo above. It is "legumi-licious" and is best served with Tostitos Scoops, which will also be provided....
2016 Most Improved: The Women...
Thursday, 06 October 2016 23:10
MINNESOTA MULTISPORT AWARDS - Today we reveal the nominees or MOST IMPROVED FEMALE, which pertains to an athlete's career trajectory as it applies to their position on or near Team Minnesota.
The nominees, in alpha order, are:
- DIANE HANKEE, 39, Lino Lakes (2015 Rank: 8th; Best Rank: 4th in 2010 - photo below R)
Diane has enjoyed many outstanding, even breakout, seasons (2010, 2013, 2014), though none have been "outstandinger" than 2016. Though this year's Team Minnesota has not been determined, it nevertheless appears that Hankee will place in the Top 3.
Here is her 2016 Scorecard:
- 1st @ Apple Duathlon (likely POY nominee)
- 1st @ LIberty Half IM - 4:42:30 ...
Sign up! Get updates from MTN