The Boys & Girls of Square Lake XI...
Thursday, 15 September 2011 03:00
Square Lake Half - With the help of Google and Facebook, our cyber Bibles, here's some cool stuff about the Top 5 men and women at last Sunday's Square Lake Half.
1. BENNETT ISABELLA - 4:10:30 - His first MN victory (He also won the 2006 Ripon Medical Center Tri in WI). A handsome dentist, he was recently married; probably to the girl in the photo (L). He was the only one in the race who knows how to do Invisalign Orthordontics.
1. ANGIE SCHMIDT - 4:56:16 - This was the first career win for the charming Woodbury resident. In her rookie year back in 2008, she popped a 10:54:42 at Ironman Arizona. How cool is that!
Tuesday, 13 September 2011 03:30
IRONMAN WISCONSIN STUFF...
* DIVISIONAL DOMINATION - Minnesota girls took three of the Top 5 45-49 spots Sunday at the 10th edition of Ironman Wisconsin. Check it out:
1. Tara Scheetz (IL) - 11:24:24; 2. Susan Dziuban (IL) - 11:27:01; 3. JULIA LYNG (Burnsville, MN) - 11:30:14; 4. SUZANN MOUW (White Bear Lake, MN) - 11:35:37; 5. JULIA WEISBECKER (Mendota Heights, MN) - 11:39:14.
* ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOR - Long Lake's JAN GUENTHER, 52, finished 3rd among female amateurs in Madison. Her time was brilliant - 10:42:04 - and her margin of victory over the next fastest master (40+) was a flabby 22:52. Her margin over her nearest divisional rival, Canada's
Tuesday, 13 September 2011 03:00
(Cool Photo by Drew Frakes - Becky Youngberg disobeying the speed limit sign.)
Square Lake (Short Course) - Who the heck is Andrea Meyers?
She was the girl who, according to posted results, finished 2nd at Square Lake on Saturday. Apparently, she outraced a bevy of talented women and was beaten only by Becky Youngberg, the winningest girl on the Minnesota multi scene this year. FYI, Becky's 1:30:56 landed her in 5th place overall and was the...
Like No Other...
Tuesday, 13 September 2011 02:30
MATT PAYNE & HOLLY WALKER ARE 2011 BEST OF THE US NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!
By Trudy Marshall (from BestoftheUSTriSeries.com)
Gulf Shores, AL / September 10, 2011
Continuing to Amaze! And Other Stuff...
Sunday, 11 September 2011 17:46
Ironman Wisconsin - Jan Guenther's success at IMOO continues. Arguably one of the Top 2 50+ female triathletes in the World (with Colorado's Ellen Hart), she was the 3rd AGer across the line today behind Michigander Andrea Hutchings, 35, whose 10:13:34 set an amateur record, and Canadian Shannon Kemp, 35 (10:37:35). Jan's remarkable time was 10:42:04 and landed her in 11th place overall.
Today's pro winners were Brazil's Ezequiel Morales (8:45:18) and Jessica Jacobs (9:41:03) of Maylene, Alabama. This was Jacobs' 2nd Ironman victory. She also won IM Florida in 2010 in 9:07:49.
More stuff on next page...
Sunday, 11 September 2011 03:00
Hy-Vee 5150 Championship
By David Thompson (thompsontri.com)
This was probably the best championship event I've ever raced. Twenty-five of the best triathletes in world qualified to race the Hy-Vee 5150 Championship, and 5 more past champions were invited for a total of 30 athletes. Des Moines was a great city to hold the event - not too big, not too small, just right. Des Moines has great trails, roads, and water for a triathlon, and the people of Des Moines supported the event too. They spectated, volunteered, and put up with an invasion of triathletes. Hy-Vee also got behind the event fully. In addition to the 1.1 million dollar prize purse, the production of the was top notch: grandstands, Jumbo-tron, live video coverage, beer gardens, concerts, and more.
The swim was the defining discipline of the race. It took place in the Des Moines River right in downtown. We swam 3 laps around 4 bouys in a 2-3 knot current by my...
Sign up! Get updates from MTN