Happy Thanksgiving From MTN...
Wednesday, 23 November 2016 23:10
Rooting For Dani....
Wednesday, 19 October 2016 05:10
2015 Minnesota Rookie of the Year DANI VSETECKA (pronounced "Sheh-teska"--it's an Eastern European deal) will be racing, along with more than 3000 others, including 94 pros, at the 7th annual Ironman Miami 70.3 on Sunday.
Dani excels at 70.3 and will be a podium favorite in the amateur women's race. Check out her half IM resume:
- 1st @ 2015 Door Country Half - 4:46:29
- 1st amateur @ 2015 Pigman Half - 4:41:34
- 2nd amateur @ 2016 ronman Texas 70.3 4:34:56
Our research revealed that no American woman has yet broken 4:40 at Miami, though one Perevian athlete --Elise Portugal (4:38:09 in 2015)--and Mexico's Alina Hanuschke Busch have done so. The talented Ms. Hanschke Busch has actually cracked 4:40 twice in South Florida. Her amateur CR is 4:36:34. (Her PR is 4:26:01 in a winning effort at Monterrey 70.3 in 2015.)...
"It's All About Staying Focused"....
Tuesday, 18 October 2016 23:10
Six things i’ve learned training for kona.
By Erin Klegstad (sweetsweatlife.com - Oct. 7, 2016)
Whoa. Kona is here. How is that possible?! Tomorrow I *get* to race the IRONMAN World Championship – surreal is an understatement!
I arrived in Kona, solo, a week early to acclimate as much as possible and for a little quiet time – bliss for this introvert! I love my tribe and wouldn’t get to a start or finish line without their support, but the alone time was much needed and has been so rejuvenating. You know your pre-race has been relaxing when you read two books in three days! Aside from reading, the week’s been filled with sitting in the a/c, workouts in the heat of the day, hanging out with my rad Coeur Sports crew, drinking all the iced almond milk lattes + kombucha at Kona Coffee + Tea, and cruising Ali’i on my $90 Walmart 18-speed mountain bike....
Persuasive Stuff About Cyclocross...
Wednesday, 05 October 2016 23:10
By Lisa Lendway
For most of us, it’s the off-season. For me, that means less running, less swimming (who am I kidding – no swimming) and MORE cyclocross! What is cyclocross, you might ask? I recommend Googling it for the best answer. Why do cyclocross? Here are my top reasons:
1. Bike handling skills. Triathletes are notorious for not being able to turn. Don’t be that triathlete. Cyclocross will make you a master of bike handling in no time. Don’t believe me? Ask Gwen Jorgenson (especially near 2:40) or Sarah True. They both use the sport to hone their skills during the off-season...
Tuesday, 04 October 2016 05:10
IRONMAN WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS - How will Minnesotans fare in Kona next Saturday? We can't wait to find out. Like you, we're sure, we'll be following the race closely.
Here are some of the Loon State triathletes we will be following:
- MICHELLE ANDRES (photo below L) - Minnesota'a all-time fastest Ironwoman, she set her PR--9:50:23--at Kona in 2013. She received the "Performance of the Year" award for that effort. The MMA Committee will not announce their POY nominees until after Ironman because we hope that Michelle, who has won two POYs for IM performances, will rock another POY-worthy effort on the Big Island. (Kona Bib# 1085)...
A Bunch of Stuff...
Thursday, 08 September 2016 23:10
There's a lot of cool stuff going on this weekend, and lots of cool stuff happening in the coming weeks. On Saturday, is the Square Lake Triathlon, the race that extended Minnesota's tri season from mid-August (Turtleman) to mid-September. As a result, a ton of great new events--Northoods, YWCA Women's Tri, Lake Marion, Lakes Country, Maple Grove, Superior Man, St. Croix Valley--were scheduled in the gap period. The Square Lake Triathlon, Uncle Randy's gift to our multisport community, will celebrate its 17th anniversary tomorrow....
Sign up! Get updates from MTN